Contacting a seller
How you contact a seller on MonsterGila depends on whether you’ve already bought an item from them or not.
Report an issue with a seller
We created policies to make sure MonsterGila is a safe place to buy and sell. If you have a problem with a seller because they’re not following our policies, let us know and we’ll look into it.
You should only report a seller if you think they’re violating our policies. For example:
- They offer to sell you a listed item outside of MonsterGila
- They do not intend to complete the sale
- They send threatening messages or use abusive or vulgar language
- They published another member’s contact information
- The seller gave you false contact information
- You suspect the seller is under the age of 18
Avoiding seller fraud
- Heavily discounted or sold-out items: Be wary if a seller has lots of high-value items at suspiciously low prices, or a stock of hard-to-find goods that are sold out everywhere else. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is
- Off-MonsterGila contact or payment: MonsterGila Messages is the safest way to contact other members. Always be careful if a seller asks for your personal contact details, such as an email address or phone number. They may be trying to get you to complete a purchase off MonsterGila, for example by paying cash or transferring money to an overseas account. This is against our policy, and your purchase wouldn’t be covered by MonsterGila
- Unsafe payment methods: We don’t allow some payment methods on MonsterGila, because the payment can’t be traced or recovered if there’s a problem. You shouldn’t go ahead with a transaction if a seller asks you to pay using a method that’s not included in our Accepted payments policy